Monday 18 November 2013

A Full Moment:


Yes! A picture is worth a thousand words and there are innumerable instances that exemplify that adage. Yet, how many times have you come across a moment captured by you which depicts your entire inner self with the outer world.

Here is mine.
This was in Aug 2011, me and my friends were on a trip to a place called Chikmagalur a city located in the foothills of Mullayingiri Range in the state of Karnataka, India. The city is known for its many hill stations surrounding it and we had been to a couple of them before we came to this city as part of the last leg of the tour. Well this was according to me the most planned trip ever as it happened with not 1, 2 or 10 but 72 email exchanges between 5 of us planning every inch of the road that we would drive on and every sq ft of the cottage that we would stay in :-)

One of them, the Woodway Homestay in Chikmagalur. It was the morning of the fourth day and after a long night’s sleep I had just stepped out of the homestay at 7am with my morning coffee and my inner soul was experiencing this stand still moment in my life, I wasn’t thinking, there was no past and there was no future. It was a ‘this is it’ moment. I was present to “now”.

I was experiencing tranquillity, chillness - that was warm not cold and my life was full, complete and holistic.  
I looked up and couldn’t believe the sight I was looking at, I captured it with my eyes and my lens.
My experience was right in front of me, the colour green depicting tranquility, the misty morning provided the chillness and my life was full as the gleaming cauldron filled with rain water from the last nights drizzle. My inner self and the outer world were in harmony.

Few leaves from the branches above were sliding away their tiny water drops into the cauldron creating the most symmetric tiny ripples on the brimming water. It was bliss!

Every second there is a picture like this passing by.
The moments of the “now”.
Engrossed we are in our worldly pursuits that we let them pass by.

Do you have your full moment… share your harmony here!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Your pic and description transfers that same exact serene feeling onto the reader!

    ReplyDelete